Marketing Internship | May 15, 2012 Deadline for Application
Schema Magazine is seeking a talented and self-motivated marketing and communication intern to join our young, dynamic & diverse team of 1.5, 2nd and 3rd generation, interculturally-minded Canadians for a four-month internship.
Reporting to the Business Development team, your primary role is to assist the Business Development and Marketing teams to strategically develop and market Schema Magazine's brand.
This Marketing internship will offer the ideal candidate a chance to gain insight and experience into the marketing function of an online magazine through a variety of projects including strategic partnership development. In this comprehensive role, you will be mentored and develop valuable administrative and marketing experience to support to a small and very dynamic team. You must be comfortable working independently.
Communications and PR
- Assist in the development of communication material (i.e., sponsorship materials
- Assist in the creation and distribution of newsletter and other promotional material such as web banners
- Blogging and content promotion
Research and web traffic monitoring
- Assist in monitoring Schemamag.ca traffic
- Conduct online readership questionnaire; collect and analyze data
- Monitor competitor webzine/ blog activity and identify potential collaborative opportunities
Business Development and Marketing
- Assist the marketing team with strategic marketing campaigns targeting our readership
- Assist in strategic partnership and sponsorship development
- work with the marketing team to understand campaign results and assist with campaign Analysis to determine the effectiveness of individual campaigns and marketing channels.
- Support social media and online marketing initiatives
- Research of local events that Schema may wish to be present at
- May be required to support coordinating event coverage or planning of Schema hosted events or partner events.
- Currently Enrolled in or recent graduate of a marketing, business or communications program preferred
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Expertise using Microsoft Powerpoint, Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
- Ability to conceive, manage and prioritize multiple projects and support a number of constituencies simultaneously
- Ability to work proactively and independently
- High level of self-direction, self-motivation, and energy
- Ability to effectively relate to and build relationships with all levels of staff
- Experience in graphic design software (Photoshop and InDesign) is a plus
- Is friendly, positive and has interest in the "intercultural" experience
Term: June - Sept (4 months)
Commitment: 10-15 hours per week
To apply for the internship, please email email@example.com by May 15th, 2012 with your resume and a cover letter.